Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Thing #8

I have noticed the CC logo on sites, but never knew what it stood for. We have downloaded pictures and video clips from the web for presentations and I never even thought about copyright laws. I certainly will now!

When I was secretary at an elementary school, I remember our principal discussing with our teachers to be mindful of copyright guidelines. I think I might have thought of copyright if I had been scanning printed material to use, but I just assumed that everything that is on the web is okay to use since it is there. I just know that the days of clip art are over and we must be careful of what we choose from the web to include in our presentations.

1 comment:

  1. When you learn about Flickr, you will find millions of images with Creative Commons licensing. It's so great!

    ReplyDelete