Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Thing #1

I think having confidence in myself as a competent, effective learner might be a challenge to me. I am the one who is always hesitant to raise my hand in class for fear of saying the wrong thing! I am pretty sure I know the answer, but not confident enough to speak out. I am always excited to learn new things and eager to put them to use. I appreciate having people to reach out to if I need help, but rather enjoy trying to figure it out for myself. It's also a real challenge for me to put my comments out there for others to read.

Using technology to my advantage might be the easiest for me. In the past few years, we have tried to bring our office up-to-date and be in tune with the technology that is available. Some of our procedures here have been in place for years and every staff development class I have taken has given me ideas on how to make and keep our office current.

The most important habit for me as I work through the course will be to play! I tend to be so intense in trying to learn what I'm doing, that I forget how much fun all of this is to work with and use.

1 comment:

  1. You're doing great! I think you will find yourself playing in no time!

    ReplyDelete