Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thing #20

I created a document and a spreadsheet in Google Docs. I like this format, but don't really have that many opportunities to be in a sharing situation. The majority of the documents I work with are sensitive and could not be out there for others to see. I'm sure it would be great if you were collaborating with others on a project, I just couldn't think of that much I would need it for. I guess I could use it in instances where I email things to myself. However, now that I am aware of it I might use it for personal things.

1 comment:

  1. Shared Google Docs can be limited to only the people with whom you are collaborating, so they aren't really out there for anyone to see. Google Forms and spreadsheets are a great way to gather information, so you might investigate that a little more. Another benefit to Google Docs is that you can access them from any computer. You don't have to worry about saving something to a flash drive or being able to access your network folder from outside the district. We have found lots of uses for them in Library Services!

    ReplyDelete