Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Thing #2

It is unbelievable to me how the classroom is changing. When I watch these videos about all the technology that is being used and will be used in the classroom, it makes me feel like a dinosaur! I am in the administration office and we are on board to learn how to use all the new tools, and it has really changed how we do things around here.

Since I am not in the classroom, I see things from a different perspective. For example, I see how the new technology has increased our ability to stay in touch with our administrators. We thought when we got cell phones it was wonderful, but now we can text or instant message and communicate with them no matter where they are.

I use the Internet daily to research any subject that we might need information about, as well as answer questions we might have, or locate contact information for staff at universities and state organizations. It saves us so much time and, especially the contact information, is so much more up-to-date than using publications or directories. It think it is a very exciting time!

2 comments:

  1. I'm commenting to you because you are at the same place I am in these lessons. When I went on some of the other blogs, they were on lesson 10 and I have no idea what they are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing how far technology has come in just the last five years. It's exciting to see these new advancements in the classroom. I have a feeling the day of all computer classrooms is coming. I can't imagine NOT having the Internet now. With 23 Things, I'm on it all the time.

    ReplyDelete